Local government elections – including elections for Mayors, Councillors, Regional District electoral area Directors, and School Trustees, among others – are held in British Columbia every four years. The next general local government elections will be held on October 15, 2022.
On Saturday, October 15, 2022, voters in the Village of Sayward will vote to elect:
- 1 Mayor
- 4 Councillors
Information for Candidates
The nomination period for the 2022 Local Government Election will open on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 9 a.m. and will close on Friday, September 9, 2022 at 4 p.m.
Candidate Nomination Forms will be available at the Village in late July/early August.
Who Can Vote?
To vote in the Village of Sayward election, you must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on the day of registration or 18 years of age or older on general voting day
- Be a resident of the Village of Sayward on the day of registration
- Have been a resident of British Columbia for at least six months before the day of registration
- Be a qualified property elector (non-resident property owner)
- Not be disqualified from voting in an election
Information about advance voting opportunities and ways to vote will be available at a later date.