The pool at the Kelsey Recreation Centre is open from September through May.
ACCESS TO THIS FACILITY
Is by way of advanced registration, reservation or booking by telephone. 250-282-5500 please leave a message if call is not answered and someone will get back to you. ASAP
No Drop-ins permitted.
Our top priority is to health and safety of our staff and patrons.
- No water stations will be available. Please bring your own water bottle for use on site.
- On arrival everyone must use the hand sanitizer that is available before admittance.
- No congregation in any open spaces including clustering outside the facility entrance .
- At the point of entry, screening for COVID-19 symptoms will be conducted by asking some questions and by a Infrared Forehead Thermometer. E.g.: Do you have a Fever a Cough Nausea Cold or Flu-like symptoms (pain etc.)
- Please keep a distance of two metres or six feet
- Follow patron flow signage
- Please monitor self-care such as hand washing and personal hygiene.
Reminder: If you have just returned from out of the country you cannot enter this facility and you must self-isolate for 14 days.
If patrons do not follow the new protocols while on Kelsey Centre property they will be asked to leave, and their participation privileges will be suspended. No refunds will be awarded.
We will revisit our protocols regularly; closely monitor the guidance of the Health Authority; make changes as needed and inform our staff and patrons in a timely fashion.
Saunas and Hot Tub are closed until further notice.
Important Points to Remember
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the pool water. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection of pools and hot tubs with chlorine or bromine, should inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19. Nevertheless, appropriate care must still be taken both in and outside the pool, to protect yourself and others.
All events are subject to change without notice. For daily schedule, please call us at 250-282-5500 or check our Facebook group, Kelsey Recreation Centre Happenings, for last-minute changes. We are closed on statutory holidays.
Kelsey Recreation Centre Printable Schedule
Waivers and Forms