March 17, 2020
VILLAGE OF SAYWARD MUNICIPAL OFFICE TO CLOSE END OF DAY
The Village of Sayward municipal office will be closed to the public starting Wednesday March 18th until further notice as a precautionary measure to help slow and limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In addition, all in-person meetings at our office will be temporarily suspended. Staff are still available by email and phone, though all scheduled meetings (including Council meetings) will be carried out remotely or suspended until further notice. While there have been no confirmed cases of the COVID-19 virus locally, it is in the interest of public health and safety to limit unnecessary exposure by taking a proactive and preventive approach. We are encouraging people to stay home if possible and maintain social distance. We appreciate your support and understanding during this challenging time. We are confident that by acting swiftly and proactively, we can slow and limit the spread of the virus and resume regular operations as soon as possible. As new information is available, details will be posted online at www.sayward.ca
The Village is actively monitoring the situation, we will re-evaluate on an ongoing basis with direction from Public Health and keep you informed of any changes.
For the most recent public health information, please see www.bccdc.ca. We are working to continue to provide essential community services and are participating on the provincial health and emergency teleconferences.
How you can help slow and limit the spread of COVID-19
• Increase frequency of hand washing and avoid touching your face.
• Stay home if possible and maintain social distance when outside the home (no handshaking and hugging).
• Self-isolate after travel and if you feel sick.
• Contact the B.C. Nurse Line at 8-1-1 if you might have been exposed to or contracted the virus.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
Wes Cragg, Emergency Program Coordinator